• inner-page-banner


Home/ FAQs


No. 2nd appeal can be filed only in Central Information Commission (CIC).

Yes as per the provisions of the rules under this act.

No. The complaint may be filed in a plane paper neatly written or typed preferably in Hindi or English.

The Public Grievances Commission (PGC) was set up with the prior approval of the Central Government, Ministry of Home Affairs conveyed vide Ministry of Home Affairs, D.O. letter No. 14011/40/95-Delhi dated 26th June, 1997. The PGC came into being under a Resolution No. F.4/14/94-AR dated September 25, 1997 issued by the Government of NCT of Delhi.

Any person affected by the acts of omission or commission including cases of inaction or harassment or extortion or corruption or abuse of power and authority on the part of the officials of the departments of Government of NCT of Delhi including Delhi Police and its local bodies, autonomous organizations/undertakings and other institutions owned or substantially financed by the Government of NCT of Delhi including Delhi Police.

(1)Where the complaint made is anonymous and contains vague or superfluous allegations. (2)Where the matter is sub-judice in any court of law, tribunal or ajudicial or quasi-judicial authority. (3)Where the complainant has not exhausted the channels of remedies available to him in the concerned Department / Organization. Where the complaints are by the Serving Government (1)Officials against their Departments. (2)Where the complaint pertains to service matters. (However, complaints relating to the grant of terminal benefits like Pension, GPF/Gratuity to retired Govt. employees may be accepted by the Public Grievances Commission).

Any person having a grievance against officials working in the Departments and Organisations of Govt. of Delhi can approach the Commission for redressal.The Public Grievances Commission has set up a Facilitation / Reception Counter at the Ground Floor of M-Block, Vikas Bhawan (near ITO).The Commission also receives complaints online at the e-mail address given overleaf and at the Commission’s website atwww.pgc.delhigovt.nic.in. Any person aggrieved, as aforesaid, can submit a complaint in writing in plain paper (in duplicate) addressed to the Secretary, Public Grievances Commission giving specific details of his / her grievance duly supported by the following documents:

  1. Where the complaint made is anonymous and contains vague and superfluous allegations;
  2. Where the matter is sub-judice in any court of Law, Tribunal or a Judicial or a Quasi Judicial Authority;
  3. Where the complainant has not exhausted the channels available to him within the concerned Department/Organisation;
  4. Where the complaints are by the Government Officials against their Department;
  5. Where the complaint pertains to service matters (However, complaints relating to the grant terminal benefits like Pension/GPF/Gratuity to retired Government employees are being accepted.)

The Commission may at its discretion, call for an Action Taken Report (ATR) from the concerned Department against whom the complaint has been made.The PGC would then schedule a hearing to the complainant in person and ascertain the exact nature and extent of grievance. The Commission usually summons both the parties i.e. the complainant and the Department to get the issue resolved in its presence.However,THE HELP OF AN ADVOCATE OR A LEGAL PRACTITIONER IS NOT PERMITTED DURING THE HEARING.

Generally within 7 days report is called for from the respondent Department and case is listed for hearing within 4-5 weeks.

The Public Grievances Commission will conduct Fast Track hearing of grievances received in the following categories :

  1. Persistent harassment of senior citizens.
  2. Non-payment of pensionary benefits / any other dues pending formore than six months.
  3. Non-registration of FIR in heinous crimes including sexual harassment and rape.
  4. Persistent cases of choking of drains, leakage of sewage pipes and contaminated potable water.
  5. Any other matter decided by Chairman, PGC and / or member, PGC.

As per the resolution The Commission shall, on conclusion of the hearing of the complaint, pass an appropriate “speaking” order and in cases where it is held that the allegations made against the officials concerned are prima facie established, the Commission shall also recommend action to be taken against the erring officials.The recommendations thus made by the Commission shall be given due consideration by the appropriate administrative authority for its speedy implementation.However, there the appropriate administrative authority on the basis of the merits of the case taken a contraryview, it shall communicate to the Commission, in writing, specific reasons because of which its recommendations could not be accepted.If the Commission is not satisfied with the reasons indicated for non-implementation of its recommendations, it shall be reflected as a case of non-acceptance of Commission’s recommendations in its annual report.